Label Cloud

Monday, April 07, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Well... the weekend was not as productive as I had hoped. Friday's post has left me in a position to put into very strong words what happens when I don't carve out the time to work on my writing: I did not further my writing career over the weekend.

Friday's playful list has become Monday's difficult lesson - I must set aside specific time to work on my writing. Even when the tax man must be paid, social events must be attended, errands must be run, and relaxation feels like necessity. Just because there's no time card to punch, doesn't mean I shouldn't take writing as seriously as work. It deserves that attention.

So last weekend's list becomes this week's list, and I am even more determined to work on more than one item. Tax man, be damned!

1 comment:

Last Knight said...

That's one of the things I really enjoyed about NaNoWriMo; with so little time in which to write 50,000 words, you find that you have to make room to write. You just don't have a choice. ^_^